Pages

10.27.2014

My First 1/2 Marathon


Just two weeks ago, I accomplished a huge goal for myself. I finished my first half marathon. It was the annual HITS Marathon of Oklahoma City. It was a really big event with so many runners. I set a goal about 4 months ago that I wanted to do this. I made up a 20 week training program and kept it on the fridge the entire time to keep me motivated. 

I grew up hating to run,especially in school.
  Horrible "fun run" in high school. 
But the last 4 years or so, I have come around to really enjoying the sport and decided to do something big. I started getting up early so I could run before Greg left for work. That too was something I didn't like; so not a morning person.
But in the end, it paid off and I'm so glad I did. 


This is about 6 am. Nervous...

...but so pumped! 


 Greg and the girls were waiting for me at the finish line; I was smiling and waving like a crazy person as soon as I saw them. 


Greg caught me sprinting to the finish line.


Completed 13.1 miles in 2 hour and 23 minutes. A personal best. :)



 Cooling down and feeling crazy. Crazy good. 


Can't wait for the next one. 

Seriously, hardest thing I've ever done but so worth the amazing feeling of accomplishment. Only now am I getting the feeling back in my knees and recovering fully but I'm already looking forward the next goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment